*Disclosure: YouTube automatically plays video at a low resolution. Click your Settings button on the lower right corner of the video and change to 1080p HD for the best viewing quality.
I’m so excited to be back with my next installment of Real Life Girl Boss – this time on camera! – with Maddie McGuire, a filmmaker in Los Angeles. Watch the video to hear about the myriad of hats she wears, how and why she started making her own content, details of the film process from inception to the festival circuit, and more!
References from the Interview:
- Red Mouse Pictures – Maddie’s Production Company
- IMDB, Comedy Reel, Dramatic Reel – Maddie’s film credits and footage
- New Filmmakers Los Angeles – monthly film festival
- Without A Box – film festival resource
- To Eat: Dessert from Little Pine Restaurant
- To Read: The Opposite of Loneliness
- To Listen: Concerts at The Hotel Cafe
Thanks for tuning in! Even though I’m an actress, it’s a whole other effort to host and conduct an interview. It was my first time doing so, and I learned a lot along the way (what works, what I can improve), as well as gained a newfound appreciation for film editors (that stuff is not easy, y’all). I’m really looking forward to sharing more of this kind of content with you guys!
I hope you enjoyed, and if you have any questions, please leave them below!