Hey, remember how I made a list of 25 things to do during my 25th (or really 26th) year? Well, as always, I didn’t get to all of them, but I made progress! I did new things! That’s what counts. I love having these lists to hold me accountable and to push me to actually do things. And since today is my 26th birthday (sheesh), here’s a round-up of all the progress I made:
1. Visit Portland, Oregon √ : We loved Portland.
2. Learn how to use a sewing machine : Not yet, but I’ve already purchased a sewing e-course and have a sneaking suspicion my in-laws are getting me a sewing machine for my birthday. 😉
3. Make my own sandwich bread √ : Yum yum yum. However, I need to make this into a regular occurrence.
4. Go apple picking √ : My first time – and everything I hoped for. For sure doing it again this year.
5. Enroll Kipling in an obedience class √ : We 100% need to be more consistent with her at home if we really want her to be trained, haha.
the entire Anne of Green Gables series √ : After book three I decided I didn’t want to continue the series. I loved the first book, but it started to lose its magic as I kept reading.
7. Buy a new mattress : Still waiting on this belated Christmas present from my mama, haha.
8. Run 3 miles straight : A weird knee issue has prevented me from doing any type of running (and hiking downhill), so obviously this one was not accomplished.
9. Go camping at Joshua Tree √ : A different experience camping in the desert for sure. Glad we made the trip, but I prefer the forests.
10. Get my splits back : Ugh, I was making such progress with this, and then I tore up my feet up and couldn’t bend my ankles or have them touch anything. On that note, I haven’t been able to exercise for the past two weeks, and I was in such a great routine…
11. Go on a day long hike √ : This hike on the Channel Islands was long enough (after kayaking 9 miles and carrying all of our camping gear/water on our backs up and down up and down up and down).
12. Take a lesson at a shooting range : Still looking out for a Groupon shooting lesson (and not just a free-for-all shooting range)
13. Take a SkillShare or other online class √ : I took a Street Photography course but have yet to take the lessons and practice in real life.
14. Learn how to actually plant an herb garden √ : Our garden haul has been small, but look! We grew strawberries and bell peppers, and our basil plant has been so wonderful (the only herb we’ve currently planted). Love tending to this garden and eating food we’ve GROWN.
15. Have a pen pal
16. Read Harry Potter √ : Making/loving my way through the series – currently on book five and planning to finish before Harry Potter World opens up in Los Angeles!
17. Book a national commercial : I have, but not a union national commercial, which is the whole goal. But I’ve signed with a new commercial agent…so small steps you guys!
18. Book a role on a TV show : Yes, I’ve done it, but both have been unscripted hidden camera/docu-reality series. So again, the goal is for a scripted, union job. Putting it out there, Universe.
19. Sign with a theatrical agent : Workin’ on it.
20. Have a picnic in Central Park √ : We weren’t able to picnic because we had leftover Thanksgiving food for days that needed to be heated up and eaten prior, but we did make it to Central Park (not Central Park pictured below, obviously).
21. Ride on a train √ : Took the train to meet my Mama half-way to San Diego!
22. Invest in new friendships √ : Suppressing my anxiety and meeting up with newish people! For coffee! Hikes! A fancy gala!
23. Unplug √ : Trying, trying, trying. Reading more. Getting on Facebook less. The motto seems to always be – baby steps.
24. Find a fitness regimen that is right for me √ : ClassPass! I was in such a great routine of working out regularly and trying new fitness studios. However, with my mutilated feet I haven’t been able to exercise the past two weeks and am very sad about it.
25. Be happy. √ : Finding what makes me happy and adding more of THAT to my life.