With the beginning of the new year, I want to focus on my wellness, both mind and body. I want to focus on creating (and reestablishing) good habits, taking care of myself, and doing some things I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Some of these are from past lists, but they are things I need to continue (to start) to do again.
1. Plant an herb garden (again).
2. Take Kipling to the dog park at least twice a week.
3. Bake a loaf of bread from scratch.
4. Visit the dermatologist.
5. Read a certain friend’s script.
6. Stretch every day.
7. Sleep better.
8. Dust our ceiling fans.
9. Make a trip to Goodwill (with donations).
10. Bake a cake from my Vintage Cakes cookbook.
11. Read 3 books.
12. Go on a walk every day.
13. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
14. Vacuum at least once a week.
15. Make a dream catcher.
16. Go skiing.
17. See a certain friend’s comedy show.
18. Eat breakfast.
19. Write down one thing I’m grateful for every day.
20. Try not to nag.
This list isn’t about crazy, unachievable tasks but instead about refocusing myself. I’m giving myself until March 17 to work on it.
This year, I’m also hoping to catch up on my photo albums, really learn to sew, and work on a gallery wall. What are some of your goals for the new year?